At Queen of Heaven Funeral Home, we take care of everything related to your traditional Catholic funeral, including the vigil, funeral Mass and graveside committal. All of our packages include the services of a funeral director and staff. We can also advise you and your family on most death-related matters. More than a service, it is our ministry to serve and comfort families in their time of need.
We take care of the following:
- Contacting priest, doctor or coroner
- Transporting loved one into our care
- Calling church and pastor
- Explaining service options
- Notifying family, friends and employer
- Reviewing preplanned cemetery or explaining cemetery options
- Contacting insurance company
- Filing death certificate
- Preparing and submitting obituary notice
- Arranging for funeral and burial, entombment or cremation
- Scheduling the vigil/wake, funeral Mass and committal
- Notifying Social Security Administration
We do not, however, arrange for the cemetery space, whether ground burial or mausoleum entombment. That must be preplanned separately with our Catholic cemetery of your choice.