When a death occurs in your family, you will be faced with important tasks and choices to make during this difficult time. You may not know what to do or when to begin making arrangements. Bearing the responsibility can be overwhelming. Remember that you are not alone. Catholic Cemeteries and Funeral Homes will be here to comfort and support you.
Immediate Steps to Follow in the Event of a Death:
- Dial 911 when a death occurs at home if the death is not attended by a nurse or doctor.
- Contact one of our funeral homes to make an appointment.
Catholic Cemeteries and Funeral Homes Will Handle the Following Tasks for You:
Our caring and professional staff will walk your family through everything from arranging the funeral to burial and follow-up, including:
- Contacting priest, doctor or coroner
- Transporting loved one into our care
- Calling church and pastor
- Explaining service options
- Notifying family, friends and employer
- Reviewing preplanned cemetery or explaining cemetery options
- Contacting insurance company
- Filing death certificate
- Preparing and submitting obituary notice
- Arranging for funeral and burial, entombment or cremation
- Scheduling the vigil/wake, funeral Mass and committal
- Notifying Social Security Administration
- Arrange for veteran benefits